onsdag, november 30, 2011

Orca bay - part 2 finished




72 tiny blocks for part 2 is finished.


I dropped the phonebook-paper after a few blocks, and instead joined a lot of fabric strips to make a bigger piece of "fabric"






And cutted the blocks from this one, using the 45 deg line on the little ruler.





First I cuttet one and one block







Next try was to use my long ruler to cut long strips, and the cut them into blocks. The half blocks from the ends where then joined together, or I sewed on some small strips to them and trimmed them afterwards. And no paper to tear off .



The mysteri can be found at Bonnies blog here.


9 kommentarer:

merete sa...

Smart, - jeg hater å ta av papiret bakpå. Godt jobba ;-)

Helen in the UK sa...

Great job on getting your string blocks finished! Great colour too :)

Grete sa...

Dette ser spennende ut!

Candace sa...

Great blocks and it looks like you found a good way to streamline the process. I used purple, too.

Ellen sa...

I love the colour you have chosen - very pretty!

Cathy sa...

I love your method, I'm glad that I looked at your link before I started my step 2.

PJs Lapperier sa...

Som jag skrivit förr..du är så fiffig! Härliga block!

Béa sa...

Beautiful colours choice, like you I sew a "new fabric" with strip together & cut in units. More faster and no paper to leave.

Bev sa...

What a clever girl you are, to think of that!!