lørdag, april 14, 2007

9-patch swap

I participated in a nine-patch-swap sometimes around 1998. I swapped yellow, neutral and blue 9-patches, together with charms of the two fabrics used. The other day I started to finish one ufo from that swap - made of the charm-squares. I sew 4 of them together , add some batting, turn them rigth sides out, and quilt before I put the pices together. Found out I will need a few more, so i have cutted scraps for 10 more. And here is the quilt I made out of 2 sets of swapped block, together with my own filling-fabrics - the hourglass - blocks in between. I used some of the charms in the border as well

9 kommentarer:

Sonja Threadgill Nelson sa...

Solvi, this is very pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Helen in the UK sa...

Love this quilt. Such a simple idea, yet so effective. Wonderful :)

Sarah sa...

The quilt looks lovely.

Sylvia Klein sa...

I love this quilt, I love blue fabric but I dont make blue quilts. But If I look at my stash it is 70 percent blue. But I am inspired by yours. Thank you for sharing. Sylvia Klein

Anonym sa...

Lovely colours and terrific way of setting the blocks, and I suppose you stitched this up on your new sewing machine....

Rose Marie sa...

Lovely quilt and the colours remind me of water ... in lakes and in some warm crystal clear lagoons in the Carribbean!

Nicole & Phil sa...

a great way to use the swaps!
Your new sewing machine looks terrific! Enjoy playing with your new machine, and all that batting!

Greenmare sa...

Oh I like this quilt a LOT!!
Nice job on the colors!

Nina In Norway sa...

I love it. It is beautifull.