lørdag, januar 19, 2008

Saturday- progress so far


This is what I started with this morning. THen I made up some more blocks and started putting them together. Then I got in doubt, will it look better with red sashing? Please help med decide


And car yoy see where the small parts for the paper-piecing-quilt comes from?

34 kommentarer:

Sigrun sa...

Det blir flott. Jeg ville hatt den uten gitter.

Anonym sa...

Solvi,

I like the one with the sashing. I'm thinking of doing sashing too. I haven't gotten to the point of putting it together yet, but as soon as I do I will put mine up on my blog and ask for suggestions. I cannot see my stars and I hope that with the sashing it will bring them out. Looks great. Renee

Merete sa...

Jeg ville sydd uten gitter, ble litt voldsomt med det røde gitteret.

Elisabeth Augusta sa...

Begge deler er fint, men gir veldig forskjellig uttrykk. Uten gitter er helt klart mest meg. Men hva er mest deg?

Jeanne sa...

They are both wonderful, but I think I like the sashing, too.

Renate Bischoff sa...

I think it's very nice with the sashing.
Renate

Unknown sa...

Solvi....I posted at quiltville that I liked your sashing but as I keep looking at it....really like it without the sashing!!!! oooooh...it just soooo beautiful!
Hugs
Pam

ForestJane sa...

Do you have enough black to try it with black sashing? Or, just to be different, yellow? bright turquoise blue?

Hanne sa...

To add to the confusion - I like both :-)

Judith sa...

I like both, but the one with the sashing just a bit better.

Khris sa...

ohhh I am no help....I like both. I think maybe the red a bit more but I love the colour red...hugs, Khris in Oz

Quilter Kathy sa...

I like them both, but I think your stars are more noticeable in the top photo (without the sashing). Both are beautiful quilts!

Pat L sa...

They both are very nice but I prefer the one with the sashing.

Anonym sa...

I like them both, but I think the one with sashing really brings out your accent red.

Lissa Jane sa...

solvi
I love both, but the red sashing makes the accent 'pop'..

Good luck making a decision!

Lissa

Tracy sa...

I love the red sashing!

Sewbaby sa...

You are using my favorite colors!!! I love the one with stashing!!!! Love the colors, love the quilt.

Hugs,
Traci

Katie sa...

I kind of like the sashing. :-)

Catholic Bibliophagist sa...

I think that in the one with the sashing the stars are more prominent.

merete sa...

Sikkert alt for seint ute, men jeg likte den med rødt gitter best. Jeg lurte på hvorfor og måtte kikke mer (siden jeg så det var så delte meninger her) og kom fram til at det er fordi jeg syns stjernene forsvinner i desinget når det ikke er gitterverk!
Lykke til, for fint blir det uansett :-)

Kari Aspenes sa...

Det blir veldig Rally Montecarlo uten rammeverk. Ingen av blokkene kommer til sin rett.
På den annen side, kanskje du liker fart og spenning og vil ha litt action i svingene :-)

Jenny sa...

Ooh, the red sashing is a nice touch!

Marian sa...

Both are great, but I prefer the one with the red sashing. Marian UK

Gudveig HN sa...

Begge er jo kjempeflotte! MEN - jeg syns nok blokkene kommer mer til sin rett med det røde mellomverket, så jeg foretrekker den varianten. Lykke til, uansett hva du velger - ser det er delte meninger her...

Stina Blomgren sa...

I kind of like the sashing...
God luck in the deciding problem...you could need that!! ;D

Anonym sa...

With sashing ! Without sashing quilt is too "busy" !!!!
Maritta

Anonym sa...

I love it with the borders. The borders make the quilt "pop"!

Anonym sa...

I love it with the sashing. The borders make the quilt "pop"!

Kucki68 sa...

While I like both, I like the one without sashing better.

swooze sa...

Both layouts are very nice but I do like it without the sashing. You do not need it.

julieQ sa...

Solvi! Our quilts could be twins! Look at mine, I did sashing, maybe that can help you decide. They are both beautiful options.

Julie

Unknown sa...

I really like both options, I don't think that you will make a wrong choice here. Gorgeous quilt!!

Nina In Norway sa...

I love red. I would have chosen sashing ? .....

Hege LH sa...

Hei Sølvi! Du jobber jo i ekspressfart (tar likevel sjansen på en kommentar). Jeg liker sjakkbretteffekten i øvre versjon. Og synes at de røde stjernene var "søtere" uten gitter. (Men jeg stemmer sjelden for tradisjonelt gitter da.)

Men uansett nydelig! :-)
Hege LH