søndag, august 20, 2006

Stashbusting quilt finished



I just finished this one yesterday. It was a really stashbusting quilt. Fabrics from top where scraps app 6" wide, except the border fabric. Batting - two layers of cotton-batting took the rest of the roll. Quilting thread - two bobbins winded a couple of years ago, goog to have the bobbins empty again.
Backing - bougth on sale, was supposed to be the backing of my stripe quilt , but too small.

And this morning I finished the tops for the green pillows

4 kommentarer:

Hanne sa...

Very good going Sølvi, on both project.
I am planning pillows for this year's Christmas gift - I think. I like your idea using HST blocks.

Jan Mac sa...

I loved reading your blog and the quilt and pillows are lovely and will make someone very happy. It's a good idea to make such pretty pillows as gifts too.

merete sa...

The pillows are just wonderful!
The quilt was a nice and fast quilt to make, - will remember that.

Hedgehog sa...

I love the pillows!