Yesterday I decided to start a new quilt-a wall hanging for christmas. But what a pity - it's all in brown colors -and I dont have any fabrics that color - I think.
So I looked in my sewing rom - all I found was these fabrics
Remembered I have a storage in one of the bedrooms - this is what I found there - bougth in USA spring 2000
So I went down to my favorite quilt shop Quiltegården and picked up these
Continued to Jordbærstedet
And finished at R.Sy-Steen
Today I got of the buss close to Syskrinet - and surprise - I found four fabrics there too.
So now to the question - do I need 6 kilos (app 60 yards) of fabric for a quilt measuring 1sq meter (little bit more than 1 sq yard)
or - how many quilt do I have to make to get rid of all this ugly brown fabrics?

7 kommentarer:
Thanks for a long telephon talk today. I enjoyed it. You did great purchases on fabrics. Take care and rememeber to relax and enjoy.
I don't think that they are ugly- just wait, you'll find the perfect place for them in a quilt with some 'pretty' fabrics that need something plainer to show them at their best.
I love brown fabrics. You just need the right pattern to speak to you. You will need to make more than one quilt to use up all that fabric. :-)
Wow - 60yds of fabric will make about 3-4 queen size quilts!! You have your work cut out using all this - enjoy :)
I see how fabrics multiply in your house :-)
Where did you find the book ??
Heia Sølvi :)
Ja her var det mye fint du har kjøpt - heldige dere som har så mange flotte Quiltebutikker i byen.
Eg var også på tur på mandag - du gjekk ut og eg gjekk inn :)
Smil fra monika
It's not hard to get carried away, eh! Just think of the fun you will have using that fabric and all the colours that go with brown.
Legg inn en kommentar